Travelling with your vehicle

If you would like to discover Morocco with your own car, you can easily take it on our FRS ferries. This way your holidays will be more flexible and free.

Regarding the procedures to cross the border with your vehicle, there are no taxes to be paid when  you are on holiday and you will be leaving the country in the same car. However, you still need to fill in a form related to the vehicle importing regime, called the AT (Admission Temporaire, or Temporary Admission).

Going into Morocco

You must hand these documents to the border agent:

  • A valid passport, with at least three months' validity.
  • The car's grey card.
  • If the car is not yours, a (duly legalized) declaration from the car's owner, stating that you have borrowed the car with their consent.
  • If the car is rented, you must produce the rental contract specifying that you can take the car out of the country (in particular, to Morocco).
  • Car insurance policy, including coverage in Moroccan territory (International Insurance Certificate, more commonly known as Green Card).

This AT permit is applicable in Morocco to the following car types:

  • Private cars, including rental cars and taxis.
  • Vans and small trucks.
  • Mobile homes.
  • Motorbikes with an engine over 50cc.
  • Jet Skis and Quad bikes.

Depending on the type of vehicle, the permit will be valid for 3 or 6 months, during which time you will be allowed to stay in Morocco with your vehicle, and which can be used all at once or in several trips within a year.

Leaving Morocco

The border agent will give you back your documents duly stamped. It is important that you keep this document along with your car papers during your stay in Morocco, in case the Moroccan police request them. In addition to this, you will have to produce the D16 Ter when you are leaving Morocco.